Are you looking for the best gifts for dads who love travel? Whether you’re shopping for something special or just a small token of appreciation, we’ve got you covered with the best gifts for dads this Father’s Day! From family weekend getaways to personalization gifts for dad, these thoughtful gifts will undoubtedly help you appreciate and celebrate the dads in your life. And if you’re still unsure what to get him, don’t worry – we’ve also included a few travel gift ideas to inspire you! From unique gifts for Dads to gifts for dads who have everything, there is something on this list for you to treat dad this Father’s Day. Regardless of which gift you choose, we know Dad will end his special day happy and feeling loved by his favorite travel crew! Keep reading to shop for the Best Father’s Day Gifts for Dads Who Love to Travel!
Best Travel-Themed Gifts for Dads to Help Him Travel Easier
Forget about the new ties and slippers this Father’s Day – if Dad likes to travel, then he’ll appreciate any one of these best travel gifts for Father’s Day! Help him explore the world with a new travel journal and noise-canceling headphones, or make packing a breeze with a set of handy packing cubes. Keep reading to find some of the best gifts for dads who travel!
Is Dad always on the go? If he’s constantly traveling for work or fun with his family, a set of noise-canceling headphones would undoubtedly be one of the best travel gifts for Father’s Day. He’ll appreciate being able to drown out the sound of those around him while flying on long trips. Indeed, a good pair of noise-canceling headphones can help Dad block out the noise during his travels and make his journey more comfortable. He can even enjoy his favorite audio content on the go, from podcasts to music. Make this gift even more exciting with an Audible subscription for his favorite audiobooks on the go! Finally, with so many different styles and brands, you’ll surely find a pair he’ll love.
We recommend the Bose QuietComfort 45 Bluetooth Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones, which boasts up to three hours of battery life.
Looking for a gift for dads who have everything? He will love the thoughtfulness and peace of mind that comes with an EMP bag! Electronic devices are shielded and secured within EMP bags using conductive material to prevent electromagnetic pulses (EMP) and other forms of EMI from damaging them. They are lightweight and convenient to carry, making them a practical gift for dads who travel. They are also available in various sizes and shapes to accommodate a variety of devices, including laptops, cell phones, and cameras.
EMP bags are not infallible and may not offer complete protection against all EMP or EMI sources. Nevertheless, they provide an additional degree of security to help guarantee that crucial electronic equipment is safeguarded and functional in the case of an unforeseen electromagnetic incident. This is undoubtedly a gift Dads will appreciate if they carry private information or priceless electronics when traveling!
A Travel Backpack
As one of the best gifts for dads who travel, a new travel backpack can be convenient for them! With a travel backpack, he can carry all his travel essentials, including his camera, travel documents, snacks, and water bottle. Not to mention an extra snack or toy for the kids! In particular, dads love the Eddie Bauer Stowaway for its mesh pockets and water bottle holders. Then travel dads also highly recommend the eBags Mother Lode Travel Backpack for its budget-friendly price point and versatility. Looking for more options? Consider one of these backpacks from Under Armour, Fjällräven, or North Face. Regardless of your choice, a new travel backpack is undoubtedly one of the best gifts for dads this Father’s Day.
A Travel Pillow
A comfortable travel pillow can help your dad catch some Zs on long flights, car rides, or train journeys. Not only will it help him sleep during the journey, but it will also ensure his head and neck are properly supported. Plus, a travel pillow is small and lightweight, so it won’t take up much space regardless of how you travel or where you’re going. When shopping for the best gifts for travel dads, you can even find travel pillows with a hood or cover to help block out light and noise. Generally, you will want to find one that is soft and comfortable so they can sleep soundly. Finally, look for a pillow with a machine-washable cover (in case of any spills!).
We recommend the following three options:
- The MVLOC Travel Pillow is available on Amazon, starting at $24.99. Buy now.
- The SAIREIDER is available on Amazon, starting at $17.95. Buy now.
- Sunany Inflatable Neck Pillow is available on Amazon, starting at $23.00. Buy now.
A Waterproof Phone Case
If your dad loves to take photos while he travels, a waterproof phone case can help him keep his phone safe and dry. Whether he’s kayaking, boating, or racing down rapids, a waterproof phone case will ensure he’s still connected without causing damage to his phone. Planning to do some snorkeling or swimming? You can even find options for deeper waters! Alternatively, a waterproof phone pouch is another option to help Dad keep his phone dry during his many adventures. Indeed, this is one of the best gifts for travel dads who love to play in the water.
We recommend the following options:
- The Hiearcool Waterproof Phone Pouch is available on Amazon, starting at $9.99. Buy now.
- The Pelican 2 Pack Marine – IP68 Waterproof Phone Pouch is available on Amazon, starting at $29.99. Buy now.
- The Universal Waterproof Phone Case for Snorkeling is available on Amazon, starting at $50.99. Buy now.
- The Temdan for iPhone 14 Pro Max Case Waterproof is available on Amazon, starting at $39.99. Buy now.
Packing cubes are an excellent tool for organizing Dad’s luggage! Luckily, cubes come in various sizes and can be used to categorize his belongings so that everything has its own place throughout your journey. In particular, packing cubs can be extra helpful when keeping track of small items like charging cables, socks, and underwear or larger things like clothes and toys. Finally, packing cubes can also help parents keep kids’ belongings separate from their own. If you’re looking for gifts for dads with everything, put packing cubes at the top of your shopping list!
We suggest these two options:
- Monarc Travel Pack is available directly from Monarc, starting at $39.95. Buy now.
- Shacke Pack Packing Cubes are available on Amazon, starting at $21.99. Buy now.
Travel Guidebooks for Upcoming or Bucket List Destinations
If Dad loves to explore new places, a travel guidebook is one of the best travel gifts for Father’s Day. Choose one that focuses on a destination he’s interested in, or a book that offers general travel tips and advice. Alternatively, if he has (or needs!) some bucket list destination ideas, a travel guidebook is a great way to support his travel dreams. Dad can also make notes in the margins of things to do, restaurants, or accommodations he wants to try while exploring the location. Whether Dad loves travel guidebooks from Foder’s Travel, Rick Steves, Lonely Planet, or someone else, there are plenty of options to get him started planning his next adventure!
A Travel Journal
A travel journal is a great way for Dad to record his favorite travel moments, both big and small. It’s a place where he can document where he’s been, what he’s seen, and how he feels about it all. Not to mention, all the fun moments he’s shared with his kids near and far. Plus, it’s a fun way to relive and share his memories with family and friends for years to come. There are many different styles of travel journals out there, so you’re sure to find one Dad will love.
We recommend this Duncan and Stone travel journal from Amazon, which has fun prompts to get you thinking. Or this leather-bound option! If Dad is an avid photographer, let him take his travel journaling to the next level with a Liene Pearl Portable Photo Printer.
Treat Dad to a Family Weekend Getaway
A weekend getaway is an excellent way to make new memories together and shower Dad with love and affection on Father’s Day. Plan an itinerary that includes all Dad’s favorite activities to make it a memorable trip. Whether he loves hiking, golfing, or just relaxing by the pool, make sure there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Below, we’ve included a few resort ideas across the United States to help you plan a special weekend getaway with Dad in mind. Take this family weekend trip to slow down and savor the moments spent together – that’s what Dad would want most of all. Undoubtedly, a weekend together is one of the best gifts for dads who love travel!
Fun Resorts on the East Coast for a Family Weekend Getaway
Whether you’re looking for a luxurious resort with all the bells and whistles or a cozy experience with a personal touch, there’s sure to be a perfect fit for East Coast families on this list. Here are some great options to celebrate Dad this Father’s Day!
- Nemacolin Woodlands Resort and Spa is a resort and spa in Farmington, Pennsylvania, that offers a range of fun activities for families, including golf privileges, hiking and biking, minigolf, a pool, and more.
- The Breakers, Palm Beach, is perfect for a family vacation with Dad in mind! This oceanfront resort in Palm Beach, Florida, offers a private beach, four outdoor pools, golf access, a kids’ club, and much more!
Fun Resorts on the West Coast for a Family Weekend Getaway
There’s nothing quite like a west coast vacation to celebrate Dad this year. The sun, the sand, and the surf are all calling your family. But with so many excellent resorts, it can be tough to decide where to stay. To help you narrow it down, we’ve highlighted two of the best resorts on the west coast for a family weekend getaway that will indeed please Dad!
- Paradise Point Resort & Spa is tucked away on Vacation Island, an area of San Diego. Here, Dad can relax on the beach, play a few rounds of golf, enjoy the on-site dining and bars, and more. Plus, you can’t beat the oceanfront views here!
- The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara is a coastal resort with oceanfront views, gourmet dining, and access to nearby beaches. Not to mention, nearby options for golfing, kayaking, and more. Indeed, Dad will love kicking back and relaxing with his favorite travel buddies here!
Fun Resorts in the Midwest for a Family Weekend Getaway
Midwest dads will love getting treated to a unique family getaway just for them and their families. Across the Midwestern states, many different types of resorts cater to families with children of all ages, from outdoor pools to on-site spas. Here are two top picks for Midwest resorts as gifts for dads who have everything!
- The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake, Ohio, features local golfing, fishing, and boating opportunities that Dad will love. Not to mention, spa treatments, an indoor and outdoor pool, and yoga classes. The resort also features a wine bar, restaurant, and access to the lakefront and nearby wineries.
- Ludlow’s Island Resort is nestled on the shores of Lake Vermillion in northern Minnesota, where Dad can escape to his own private island at this resort. Parents will love the Woodlands Spa with Finnish saunas, exciting fishing opportunities, a Raquetball court, and on-site dining options. With so much to offer, Dad may not want to leave by the end of it!
Can’t Travel for the Weekend? Enjoy a Local Brunch or a Fancy Dinner!
If you can’t travel far over the holiday weekend, then there’s nothing like a fancy meal or night out to show Dad how much you love him. So include some of his favorite things, whether it’s a Bloody Mary bar brunch, a Top Golf experience, or a lovely family dinner with a great wine or whisky selection. Or, take him to her favorite restaurant for a low-key night together.
Alternatively, you can even cook together and make a gourmet meal with all of his favorite flavors and ingredients at home. This is a great way to bond while having quality time in the kitchen! You could also make some delicious desserts to accompany your meal, like a homemade cake or pie with his favorite fruits. Whatever you do, ensure it comes from the heart and shows Dad how much you appreciate him!
Best Father’s Day Gifts for Outdoorsy Travel Dads
If Dad loves spending time in the great outdoors, he’ll certainly appreciate a gift that lets him enjoy the fresh air! Regardless of Dad’s outdoorsy activities, he will appreciate a thoughtful gift that allows him to enjoy it even more! Here are some of the best Father’s Day gifts for dads who travel and love the outdoors.
Our ideas for outdoor travel gifts for Dad:
- A New Set of Golf Clubs or a Golf Lesson Package: Golf is a great way for Dad to stay active and enjoy the sunshine. And, with a new set of clubs, he’ll certainly be up to the challenge of fine-tuning his game. If you’re unsure which type of clubs to get, you can consult a golf shop professional.
- Camping Gear: Dads planning an epic outdoor adventure will definitely need some camping gear! If you plan to visit a state park, national park, or local campground this summer, bring equipment such as a Coleman 4-Person Cabin Tent with Instant Setup or a Solo Stove Bonfire Fire Pit.
- Fishing Gear: If your dad loves fishing, consider getting him some new fishing gear, such as a new fishing rod, a tackle box, or a fishing hat. PLUSINNO sells a comprehensive fishing rod and reel combo made of Carbon Fiber. And, Sougayilang offers Fishing Rod Combos with Telescopic Spinning Reels and Carrier Bag.
- Outdoor Cooking Equipment: If Dad enjoys cooking outdoors, consider getting him some new outdoor cooking equipment, such as a portable grill or a set of grilling tools.
- A Few More Outdoor Ideas: For adventurous dads, consider a gift that keeps them outside and having fun all day long. Whether it’s an inflatable kayak, stand-up paddleboard, canoe, new hiking gear, or new ski gear, there are many options to keep Dad outside and having fun!
READ NEXT: 15 Exciting Outdoor Gifts For Kids
Best Father’s Day Gifts for Tech-Loving Dads
If Dad is into the latest tech, we have a few more ideas for the best Father’s Day gifts for dads who travel! From security bags that maintain Dad’s privacy on the go to the newest fitness trackers, here are some of the best gifts for travel dads who love staying up on the latest tech trends.
Our ideas for outdoor travel gifts for Dad:
- Smartwatches: These are a valuable way for Dads to assess their movement, sleep, and more. In fact, with his new smartwatch, Dad can track how he’s walked while hiking or during an upcoming trip exploring a new city. Consider an Apple Apple Watch Series 8, Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro, or a Google Pixel Watch.
- Fitbit Charge 5: If Dad wants a fitness tracker without the bells and whistles of a smartwatch, this is a great option! Not only does the Fitbit Charge 5 track heart health and steps, and it can also be used as a stress management tool.
- Oculus: The Oculus Meta Quest 2 offers an immersive VR experience that is perfect for adventure-loving Dads! It’s an excellent way for him and his favorite travel buddies to explore new worlds without leaving the comfort of home. The Meta Quest 2 also comes with various pre-loaded games and apps that are perfect for families. Finally, the newest Oculus Quest 2 has a stand-alone VR headset, meaning it doesn’t require a separate computer or gaming console.
Best Father’s Day Gifts for Dads Who Appreciate Wine, Whisky, or Specialty Cocktails
Is Dad the type of guy who loves to relax with a glass of wine or a cocktail at the end of a long day? If so, you may wonder what the best Father’s Day gifts are for dads who love wine, whisky, or a specialty cocktail!
Our ideas for travel-themed wine, whisky, or cocktail gifts for dad:
- A Bottle of Wine, Whisky, or Liquor: If Dad enjoys red wine, consider gifting him a bottle of Pinot Noir or Cabernet Sauvignon. Or another option from his favorite wine region. Alternatively, a bottle of whisky or scotch from Scotland is a great option. Be sure to pair it with a stemless glass or a new set of whisky tumblers. If you want to get fancy, consider a Whiskey Decanter Airplane Globe Set.
- A Set of Cheese Knives: This gift is a must-have for any serious cheese aficionado. With these handy tools, Dad can easily slice and serve his favorite cheeses with ease, perfect for pairing with a glass of wine!
- A Subscription to a Wine Club or a Whisky Club: This is the ultimate gift for the dad who loves to try new wines or whiskies from far-off destinations. With a subscription, he’ll receive hand-selected bottles each month to try. This is a great way to discover new favorites!
- Wine or Whiskey Accessories: You could also consider gifting your dad wine or whiskey accessories such as a corkscrew, a wine aerator, or whiskey stones. These can enhance his drinking experience and show your attention to detail this Father’s Day.
- Wine or Whiskey Tasting Experience: Consider giving your dad a gift certificate for a wine or whiskey-tasting experience locally or during your next family trip. This can be a fun and unique experience for him to enjoy and learn more about his favorite drink.
Best Father’s Day Gifts for Dads Who Love Coffee
There’s no better way to show Dad how much you love him than with a gift celebrating some of his favorite things. If Dad is a coffee connoisseur, we have the perfect gift ideas to celebrate his love for all things coffee and espresso. From coffee mugs and tumblers to gourmet coffee beans from destinations worldwide and brewing accessories, here are our top picks for the best Father’s Day gifts for coffee lovers.
Firstly, a coffee subscription will make certainly impress Dad! Sign him up for a coffee subscription service that regularly delivers high-quality, freshly roasted coffee to his doorstep. Some popular options include Blue Bottle Coffee, Trade Coffee, and Atlas Coffee Club.
Our gift ideas for travel dads who love coffee:
- A French Press or Pour-Over Coffee Maker: This is an excellent gift for coffee-loving dads (assuming he doesn’t already have one!). It’ll help him brew the perfect cup of coffee at home to get him moving and ready for the day ahead.
- Coffee Mugs: Undoubtedly, these are great gifts for dads who have everything. Find unique and personalized coffee mugs that suit his personality, or opt for a high-quality travel mug for coffee on the go.
- Coffee-Related Accessories: Items such as a milk frother, a coffee grinder, or a coffee scoop and tamper set, are also wonderful options for Dad.
- Coffee Beans: Dad will love receiving coffee beans, especially high-quality, specialty coffee beans, from a local roaster or a specialty coffee shop. Coffee beans certainly make unique gifts for Dad this Father’s Day.
Best Father’s Day Gifts for Dads Who Love to Read
If your Dad is a bookworm, he will love receiving travel or book-themed gifts this Father’s Day. Here are some great ideas to spoil your favorite bibliophile and traveler!
We recommend these exciting gifts for travel dads who love to read:
- A Kindle or another eReader. If Dad loves to read but doesn’t have the time to visit the library or bookstore regularly, then a Kindle or other kind of eReader is the perfect gift. Plus, with an eReader, he won’t have to worry about lugging around a heavy suitcase full of books when he travels for work or fun with the family. The Amazon Kindle is available on Amazon, starting at $139.99. Buy now.
- A Personalized Bookmark. This unique and thoughtful gift will undoubtedly make Dad smile! Simply choose a bookmark featuring his favorite destination, activity, or quote, and add a personal touch with your message or photo. Or, have kids create personalization bookmark gifts for dad using coloring supplies you have at home. Alternatively, a Personalized Bookmark from Simplicity Minimalist is available on Etsy, starting at $9.99. Buy now.
- A Subscription to Audible. If Dad loves audiobooks while commuting or during family road trips, a subscription to Audible is the perfect travel gift for Father’s Day. With an Audible subscription, he’ll have access to thousands of audiobooks that he can listen to anytime, anywhere. Plus, if he’s an Amazon Prime member, he’ll get even more benefits, like free shipping on physical audiobooks and exclusive discounts. An Audible
Best Father’s Day Gifts for Sports-Loving Dads
Dads who love sports deserve their day in the sun – or on the pitch – too! If the dads in your life love catching the big game on TV or throwing a ball around with their kids, here are the best gifts for dads who love sports this Father’s Day.
Our gift ideas for travel dads who love sports:
- Tickets to a Game: One of the unique gifts for Dad is certainly snagging him a couple of tickets to his favorite home team – or to his favorite sport while you’re traveling! This is also a great way to spend time as a family!
- New Sports Equipment: If Dad is active in a sport or two, consider upgrading his equipment this year. Whether he’s in a league or just likes to play with the kids, new equipment is a great way to show that you care and want him to have fun!
- Sports Memorabilia: Outfit Dad with some new sports memorabilia like a jersey or T-shirt. Make it even more special by having it signed. If you’re planning an upcoming trip, pre-order a shirt for the local soccer or baseball team for Dad to show off while in town. Or, get a new addition to his sports collectibles.
- Sports-Themed Gift Basket: Get everyone in on the fun by creating a gift basket together! Have everyone in your family get creative with what to add. Think popcorn, drinks, memorabilia, tickets, and more! There are endless possibilities when creating a gift from the heart to celebrate Dad this Father’s Day.
Best Father’s Day Gifts for Dads Who Love to Grill
Remember, the best gift for Dad is one that shows him you know him well and that you appreciate his interests. Choose a gift matching his personality and interests to make this Father’s Day extra special. If Dad’s special interest is grilling, we’ve got some fun options for you to consider!
Our gift ideas for travel dads who love to grill:
- Grilling Accessories: If Dad spends most of the summer by the grill, he’s going to need some new accessories to flip burgers this year! Consider items like new grilling tools, a grill basket, grill cleaning tools, or a Bluetooth meat thermometer. This way, Dad will be grilling to perfection all season long. Not to mention, Dad will love how practical and thoughtful this gift is!
- Grilling Cook Books: If Dad loves to cook, getting a new cookbook inspired by some of his favorite destinations is undoubtedly one of the best Father’s Day gifts for dads who travel! Whether Dad is interested in the world of BBQ, the secret to Italian grilling, or Korean BBQ, there are tons of delicious options!
- A Personalized Grill Apron: Those seeking personalization gifts for dad can add a new grill apron to the shopping cart. Make it unique to your favorite Dads by adding clever slogans, pictures, and more! He’ll undoubtedly feel like the king of the grill sporting his new apron!
Personalized Gifts for Dads Who Love Travel
Undoubtedly, one of the best gifts for dads who travel is something personalized to their adventures. From things like kids’ artwork or travel destinations converted into cufflinks, ties, and coffee mugs to special photos framed to enjoy at the office, there are endless options to show Dad how much his family loves him.
Here are a few specific ideas for personalization gifts for your favorite travel dads:
- Passport Holders: Dad will love getting a brand new passport holder to help his passport stand out from the rest. Passport holders are also a great way to protect passports and store miscellaneous receipts, tickets, cash, etc. Two great options are available on Etsy: A simple Leather Passport Holder from AGIOTAGE Or, get a personalized Leather Passport Cover from SoGoodSoWood.
- Travel Charm Bracelet: Help Dad remember all the important locations to you and your family with GPS coordinates for destinations important to you worldwide. Dad will love sporting this daily reminder of his love for travel! It is truly one of the best gifts for dads that has everything. Available on Etsy from drakedesignsjewelry.
- Personalized Map Cufflinks: These are a great way to help Dad remember past travels or important locations! The places are endless, from favorite trips to important locations for births, marriages, etc.! As one of the best travel gifts for Father’s Day, they are sure to spiff up any outfit! Two great options are available on Etsy: Custom Cufflinks, and Bronze from Bookity, and Custom Map Cufflinks from dlkdesigns.
- Engraved Swiss Army Knife: Dad will love this practical gift with a personalized message from you (or your kids!). Several Swiss army knife styles from Victorinox include travel-inspired names like Jetsetter, Climber, and Explorer. Outdoor enthusiasts, in particular, are sure to love this personalized gift to remember family adventures. Just make sure you check it when traveling by air!
Happy Father’s Day to Your Favorite Travel Dads!
We hope you found this guide to the Best Father’s Day Gifts for Dads Who Love to Travel helpful in celebrating all the Dads in your life! From unique experiences to must-have travel items for Dad, we’ve rounded up all of the best travel gifts for this Father’s Day. From new camping gear and coffee-themed gifts to must-have travel items, they are some of the best gifts for dads this Father’s Day. Enjoy your family celebrations with Dad…and all of your future adventures together!
*This post may contain affiliate links that may earn us a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Affiliate links in no way inform the hotels, sights, products, or other recommendations included in our articles. All opinions and recommendations expressed here are compiled from submissions submitted by the generous members of our Families Who Love To Travel community.
Thanks for reading!
Love our content?
Stay in the know by subscribing to our weekly newsletter.
Immerse yourself in a world of limitless exploration by joining us on Instagram at families.love.travel.
Join our vibrant Facebook community, "Families Who Love to Travel," (where family travelers like you can ask for advice and share tips with other families!).
Plus, you can read our latest articles by following our Facebook page.
Shop for Family Travel Memorabilia on Shop Families Love Travel.
Everyone knows that Yellowstone National Park makes for a classic family vacation. Strolling the boardwalks...
Beaches Turks and Caicos may not seem like a typical vacation destination for a UK...
If you’re traveling to the Cayman Islands with kids, there’s some important information you need...
Travel Gift Ideas
National Park With Kids
Family Travel Tips
Families Who Love To Travel contributor Meghan Oaks provides her 10 best tips for your...
When you're planning a family vacation, it's important to pack travel toys that will keep...
Cruising is a great option for families with babies who want to relax and not...