Mallorca is an excellent destination for a family vacation, as there are many things to do with kids of all ages! From cultural hubs to breathtaking natural beauty, this idyllic Spanish island is filled with various activities, attractions, and experiences that your entire family will love. Of course, it’s also a popular tourist destination for sun, sea, and sand, featuring stunning beaches across the island. So, whether you want to experience history, hiking, or a bit of both, we’ve put together this comprehensive list of the best things to do in Mallorca with kids, divided by region. Start your vacation in Palma, the capital city, then continue to northern Mallorca or southeastern Mallorca. Either way, we’ve included things to do, where to stay with kids, and more. Stay tuned to find out the best things to do in Mallorca with kids for an unforgettable family adventure!
Mallorca or Majorca?
You may be wondering, is it Mallorca or Majorca? Well, it’s both! Mallorca is the Spanish spelling (and more widely recognized worldwide), while Majorca is commonly (but not always) used by English speakers. The island’s name is officially spelled Mallorca, which we will be using in this article. However, if you’re looking for the best things to do in Majorca with kids or where to stay in Majorca for families, you’re still in the right place! Whether you know this beautiful, family-friendly destination by Mallorca or Majorca, this article will help you plan a fantastic vacation to Spain with kids.
How to Get Around Mallorca with Kids
Getting around Mallorca with kids isn’t as hard as it seems! Though some areas of the island are quite remote, it generally has good infrastructure and isn’t too hard to navigate. Some major beach areas or downtowns have walkable areas, of course, but you’ll usually need a car if you plan to travel from place to place.
You can rent a car at the airport or in town. There are many rental companies to choose from, and you can find a good deal on a car if you book in advance. Once you have a car, getting around the island is very easy. The roads are well-maintained, and there are plenty of signs in English.
If you don’t want to rent a car, another option is to take the bus. The buses in Mallorca are clean, comfortable, and air-conditioned. They run frequently and are relatively inexpensive. You can buy tickets at most bus stops or the tourist office in town.
Finally, if you’re staying in one of the resort areas, there are often resort shuttle buses that run between the hotels and attractions. These can be a great way to get around without worrying about renting a car or taking the bus.
Best Things to Do in Palma with Kids
Kids will never be bored in Palma, Mallorca! Palma is a must-visit on any family itinerary as the capital city of Mallorca. We suggest staying here for a few days to take advantage of everything the city has to offer, from gorgeous beaches to museums. Here are some suggestions on the best things to do in Mallorca with kids!
Say Hi to Sea Animals at Palma Aquarium
Palma Aquarium is a great place to take your kids for an unforgettable summer vacation! With over 500 different species of fish, it’s one of the largest aquariums in Europe and features lots for kids to explore. Here, families can wander around different hands-on exhibits and habitats, from the Mediterranean to tropical seas, the jungle, and more. Kids will love learning about the different animals and their habitats and getting up close and personal with some of the creatures.
The aquarium offers interactive experiences, like diving with sharks or snorkeling with stingrays. Don’t forget to visit the 3-D theater to see giant humpback whales gelding through the sea – it’s super realistic!
Learn about Spanish Art at Es Baluard Museu d’Art Contemporani de Palma
Es Baluard Museu d’Art Contemporani de Palma is a must-visit for anyone interested in contemporary art. One of the most popular museums on the island, it showcases an extensive collection from around the world, as well as a variety of temporary exhibitions. From Joan Miro to Amedeo Modigliani, there are many different paintings, sculptures, and other interesting artifacts to see. Es Baluard also hosts several educational programs and events, making it a great place to visit with kids.
A canyoning adventure is one of the best things to do in Palma with adventurous kids! Just 20 minutes from the city center, local tour operators offer canyoning tours for all skill levels that are perfect for thrill-loving families. It’s a great way to explore the natural beauty of Mallorca, and it’s also a lot of fun. You’ll be able to scramble over rocks, jump into pools of water, and rappel down cliffs – all under the guidance of experienced guides!
For beginners, Torrente Coanegra is the ideal spot to try canyoning. The canyon is located near the village of Orient and has several well-filled pools, especially after it rains. Since these excursions typically last a few hours (2 or 3), we recommend them for thrill-seeking tweens or teens.
Click here to find out more about Exploring The Best Of Spain With Kids: Seasonal Hotspots You Don’t Want To Miss!
Get Your Culture and History Fix in Palma
If you’re looking for a truly unique and memorable family vacation, look no further than Palma! This beautiful city is home to abundant historical and cultural treasures, making it the perfect place to explore with your little ones. Here are some specific suggestions for history buffs or culture lovers!
Old Town Palma
Old Town Palma is a great place to explore with kids. This historic center is full of charming cobblestone streets and beautiful architecture, some dating back hundreds of years. In fact, the narrow roads and alleyways are full of character, and there are plenty of small shops and cafes to discover. Be sure to visit the Plaça Mayor, one of the most popular squares in Palma. Here, you’ll find the imposing Palau de l’Almudaina, the official residence of the Spanish royal family when they visit Mallorca. There are also plenty of restaurants and cafes to take a break in.
Catedral-Basílica de Santa María de Mallorca
As you explore Palma’s Old Town, be sure to visit the Cathedral of Santa Maria de Palma, one of the most famous landmarks in the city. Also known as La Seu, the cathedral dates back to the 13th century, and it is a beautifully preserved example of Gothic architecture. A combination of Baroque and Spanish Gothic elements, the cathedral’s interior is equally impressive, with intricate stained glass windows and ornate frescoes. The cathedral houses several treasures, including works by artists such as Antoni Gaudí and Miquel Barceló.
Plaza de Toros de Palma
For something a little different, families can visit the Plaza de Toros de Palma, which is Mallorca’s bullfighting arena. Although bullfighting is no longer held here, the arena still offers tours that explain the history and tradition of this Spanish sport. Kids will love seeing where bulls once fought while parents simply enjoy the architecture and atmosphere of this historic venue. There are also several restaurants and cafes nearby, making it a great place to spend an afternoon with the kids.
Castell de Bellver
Another of the best things to do in Mallorca with kids is to visit Castell de Bellver. This 14th-century castle is one of the most famous landmarks on the island, located high on a hill overlooking Palma Bay. One of the few castles in Europe with such an innovative design, the castle was built during the reign of King James II of Aragon. It has three floors, with the bottom floor used as a medieval jail. The top floor offers stunning views of the city and sea. Families can also explore the many rooms and corridors of the castle, which are now used as a museum. There are guided tours available in several languages.
Spend an Afternoon at the Beach
Looking for something fun to do in Palma, Mallorca, with kids? Why not spend an afternoon at the best beaches for kids in Mallorca? There are two great options outside the city – El Arenal and Can Pastilla.
- El Arenal is a bit livelier, located in a resort area with plenty of restaurants and bars lining the shore.
- Can Pastilla is more laid-back and a favorite spot for locals. Plus, Can Pastilla has a wide promenade perfect for strolling, biking, or rollerblading.
Both beaches have shallow crystal-clear water and soft sand, perfect for a relaxing afternoon by the sea. There’s also plenty of space for beach games and picnics so that you can while away the hours in the sunshine. Finally, families can also try parasailing, banana boating, water skiing, windsurfing, and jet skiing at both beaches.
Visit a Water Park or Marine Park
A visit to a water park or marine park is a great way to enjoy the sun and the water in Palma! Not only are these parks super fun for the kiddos, but they’re also great places to cool off on a hot day. Here are some options for the best things to do in Mallorca with kids!
Western Waterpark Magaluf
If you’re looking for a fun-filled day out with the kids, visiting Western Waterpark Magaluf is a must! Situated in the heart of the popular tourist resort of Magaluf, around 25 minutes from Palma, it’s one of the biggest waterparks on the island (and in Europe!). It features a huge range of slides and attractions to cool off from the summer heat.
Highlights include the “Tornado,” a tube slide that takes you through a series of twists and turns, and the ‘Beast,” a Kamikaze ride that drops you from a height of 30 meters! If that’s not your thing, then there are also slower rides, a lazy river, a Kidzworld section with all kinds of slides, and even a heated pool area where you can relax. And when you need to refuel, there’s a selection of cafes and restaurants on-site.
When visiting the beautiful island of Mallorca, include a stop at Marineland Mallorca! Located just 15 minutes from the city, this is one of the best things to do in Palma with kids. They will absolutely love getting up close and personal with the resident dolphins, seals, penguins, and other animals at this interactive marine park!
In fact, kids who want to take photos with dolphins or sea lions can also participate in one of the interactive experiences. This includes an in-depth dolphin experience, where kids can study their movements underwater and learn more about the sounds they transmit. There are also shows and demonstrations throughout the day, making it a great way to learn about these amazing creatures. Plus, an aviary, tropical reptile house, dolphinarium, and more specific animal exhibits. The park also has several water slides and other rides that the whole family can enjoy.
Other Things to Do in Palma with Kids
If you’re looking for other things to do in Palma, Mallorca, with kids, here are some options to consider adding to your Mallorca family vacation itinerary!
- Explore the waterfront. Here, you can stroll along the promenade, visit the aquarium, go on a boat tour, or even try stand-up paddle boarding.
- Visit one of Palma’s many parks. Families love spending lazy afternoons at parks like Parque Espanya or Parc de la Mar, where you can run around, have a picnic, or just relax in the shade.
- Indulge in some traditional Spanish dishes. No trip to Palma would be complete without trying tapas. They are perfect for sharing with kids, and plenty of restaurants throughout the city offer kid-friendly options.
- Sign up for a Flamenco show at Ses Voltes. This ancient art form is sure to captivate your whole family!
Where to Stay in Palma with Kids
Wondering where to stay in Mallorca with your kids? There are plenty of fantastic options in and around Palma. Melia Calvia Beach Hotel & Spa is an excellent option for those wanting to be close to the beach. The hotel is on Cala Vinas Beach and features an outdoor pool, sun terrace, and kids’ club. Families can also take advantage of the hotel’s bicycles to explore the nearby town of Cala Ratjada.
Best Things to Do with Kids on the North Coast of Mallorca
There are so many wonderful things to do with kids on the north coast of Mallorca! For starters, you can visit one of the many lovely beaches, where your little ones can paddle in the gentle waves and build sandcastles to their heart’s content. If you’re feeling active, there are plenty of great hiking and biking trails in the area, too, not to mention some interesting caves. Keep reading to find out more points of interest in Mallorca!
Appreciate the Architecture at the Santuari de Lluc
One of the best things to do in Mallorca with kids is to visit the Santuari de Lluc. The Santuari de Lluc is a sanctuary dedicated to the Virgin Mary located in the town of Lluc, in the municipality of Escorca in northwest Mallorca. It’s one of Spain’s most popular pilgrimage sites and has been a major tourist attraction for centuries.
It’s located at the top of a hill in the Tramuntana Mountains, providing lovely views of the landscape below. You can reach it by driving or taking a bus – just be prepared for all the twists and turns! Several hiking trails lead up to the sanctuary if you want to get some exercise. Once you reach the sanctuary, be sure to visit the Basilica of Our Lady of Lluc, one of the island’s most important churches. Kids who want to take a break from the historic sightseeing can also enjoy the on-site playgrounds and recreational area with fire pits. When you’re hungry, there are also several restaurants and cafes where you can grab a bite.
Soak Up the Sun at the Best Beaches near Northern Mallorca for Kids
One of the best things to do in Mallorca with kids is to spend a day at one of the many beautiful beaches. Whether you want to relax on the sand or hit the water, several beaches near Northern Mallorca are perfect for families. Here are some options!
Playa de Muro
Playa de Muro ranks high on our list of the best beaches in Mallorca for families! Located just outside the town of Alcúdia, it offers stunning views of the mountains and shallow, clear water for kids to play in. Children will especially love the abundance of sandbanks, where they can build sandcastles or bury themselves in the sand. Several restaurants and cafes are nearby, so you can easily take a break from all the fun in the sun.
Playa de Puerto Alcúdia
If you’re looking for a more lively beach, then Playa de Puerto Alcúdia is the perfect place for your family. Boasting one of the longest stretches of sand in all of Mallorca, this beach is located right in the heart of Alcúdia, and it offers a wide range of activities for kids of all ages. It’s especially great since the water is shallow and clear for young kids to play in. However, remember that despite the wide shoreline, spots fill up fast in the summer.
Cala Mesquida is a beautiful sandy beach that is perfect for families with young children. Since it’s sheltered, the water is shallow, gentle, and crystal clear, making it ideal for little ones to paddle and play in. Plenty of beach toys and umbrellas are also available for rent, so you can enjoy a day in the sun without worrying about packing all your gear. There’s also a playground nearby so kids can burn off some energy before taking a dip in the sea. If you get hungry, there are several restaurants, and cafes close by, or you can pack a picnic lunch to enjoy on the sand.
Playa de Formentor
For a more relaxed atmosphere with teens, head to Playa de Formentor. This secluded beach, accessible by car, is located at the end of a long winding road and offers breathtaking views of the cliffs and ocean. The water is deep here, so it’s not ideal for young children, but there are plenty of other things to do on this beach. With its dramatic cliffs and turquoise waters, for example, it’s an ideal spot for a family picnic or a game of beach volleyball.
Nearby Cap Formentor and Sa Dragonera are difficult to access, but provide a popular spot to go sailing. The wind conditions are excellent, and there are very few large shoals of fish.
Cala Sant Vicenç
Another of the best beaches for families in Mallorca is Cala Sant Vicenç. This pretty cove is located on the island’s north coast and is sheltered from the winds, making it ideal for swimming and sunbathing. It’s also part of the larger Cala Sant Vicenç resort area, which means plenty of amenities are nearby. This includes a playground if you want a break from the sun or nearby cafes and restaurants. Be sure to stroll down Main Street to see all the antique cars and bikes!
Marvel at the Cuevas de Artà
There’s no shortage of breathtakingly beautiful places to see on the Spanish island of Mallorca, but if you’re traveling with kids in tow, you’ll want to visit the Cuevas de Artà. These spectacular caves are located in the town of Artà, and they’re definitely one of the best things to do in Mallorca with kids. Carved out by water over thousands of years, they’re absolutely massive, full of stalactites and stalagmites that are just begging to be explored. Trust us; your kids will marvel at the Cuevas de Artà for hours on end! During a tour, you can also learn how this was once a pirate hideaway. And if you’re lucky, you might even see a bat or two!
Connect with Nature at Natural Park S’Albufera
There are plenty of fun things to do in Mallorca with kids, but one of the best has to be visiting Natural Park S’Albufera. This stunning natural park is home to a wealth of wildlife, including many bird species. With its diverse ecosystem, breathtaking scenery, and many activities, there’s undoubtedly something for everyone at S’Albufera. Plus, it’s a great way to connect with nature and teach kids about the importance of conservation!
One of the best things to do in the park is to take a boat tour around the lagoon. Here, you’ll get up close and personal with the local wildlife, including flamingos, herons, and egrets. You might even spot some rare fish species swimming in crystal clear waters! If you’re feeling active, there are plenty of walking and cycling trails to explore. And when you need a break, several restaurants and cafes are dotted around the park where you can enjoy the fresh, local cuisine.
More Fun Outdoor Activities in Northern Mallorca for Families
From exploring the island’s many beaches and coves to hiking in the stunning Tramuntana Mountains, there are so many great outdoor activities to do in Mallorca with kids. After you hit the beach, add one or more of these thrilling activities to your itinerary. Keep reading to learn more!
Windsurfing and Kitesurfing
If you’re looking for fun outdoor activities in Mallorca with your kids, windsurfing and kitesurfing are definitely two of the best options. Not only are they both great ways to enjoy the beautiful Mediterranean coastline, but they’re also perfect for getting some exercise and fresh air.
- Windsurfing is an especially popular activity in Mallorca, and there are many different spots around the island where you can go to enjoy this sport. The popular resort of Cala Ratjada has a famous surf school and a peaceful bay to experience the sport. There are also ideal conditions at the bay of Cala Mesquida, as well as further north near the resort of Cala Millor. Another popular option is the Bay of Pollença, as well as the Bay of Alcúdia and Es Trenc.
- Kitesurfing is also a great option if you’re looking to test your balance and coordination, and it’s definitely not for the faint of heart! Similar to windsurfing, you can find great options in the Bay of Pollença, as well as the Bay of Alcúdia. Generally, the north coast of Mallorca is ideal for kitesurfing due to the constant breeze, so you can’t go wrong with any spot!
Snorkeling is a popular activity in northern Mallorca, since the clear waters offer great visibility for this activity, and there is plenty of interesting fish and other marine life to see. Some of the best places to go snorkeling in Northern Mallorca include Cala Mesquida, Port de Pollenca, and Formentera.
Cala Mesquida is a beautiful cove that’s perfect for beginners, as the water is calm and shallow. Another popular (and more remote) spot is the La Victòria Peninsula in the northeast of the island, which is ideal for beginners. For advanced snorkelers, Sa Dragonera, off the island’s west coast, is ideal. Accessed via Port d’Andratx, it’s home to crystal clear waters and abundant marine life, including barracuda, bream, and monkfish.
Additional Water Activities + Adventures in Northern Mallorca for Families
Searching for more water sports in Mallorca? We’ve got some ideas just for you. While many of these activities can be arranged across the island, northern Mallorca is a great place to seek them out.
- Stand-up paddleboarding is a great option if you’re looking for an activity that the whole family can enjoy. It’s a relatively new sport, but it’s already become one of the most popular things to do in Mallorca, especially at famous beaches like Playa de Muro.
- Kayaking is another excellent option for families. Many kayaking tours are available that will take you to some of the most beautiful parts of Mallorca. And, if you’re feeling adventurous, you can even go kayak fishing! GetYourGuide offers a fantastic Mallorca: Sea Caves by Kayak Tour.
- Sailing is another classic Mallorca activity that families love. Many different charter companies offer sailboats for both half-day and full-day rentals. And, if you know how to sail, you can even rent a catamaran and explore Mallorca on your own!
- Deep-sea fishing is an adventure that kids and adults alike will love. Many charter companies offer half-day and full-day trips. And you’ll be able to fish for some of the most popular fish in the Mediterranean, including swordfish, tuna, and marlin.
If you’re visiting Mallorca with kids, then make sure to check out some of the best hikes for families. The island’s Northern part is particularly beautiful due to its location in the Tramuntana Mountains, and there are plenty of easy trails that are perfect for little ones. Staying in Sóller, Valldemossa, or Port de Pollença also puts you near some of the best hikes in the area. Here are some great options:
- Camí de Cala Bóquer, a 3.7-mile hike through a nature reserve in the Formentor Peninsula. It’s great for young kids and has scenic views of the countryside.
- Cúber Reservoir Circuit Trail, a 2.5-mile hike that starts at the stunning Cúber Reservoir. This hike provides fantastic views of the Mallorcan countryside and won’t be too difficult for young kids.
- Cala Deià is a bit more adventurous. It is almost 5 miles, but totally worth it for the views! Tweens and teens, in particular, will love this option!
It’s no surprise that Mallorca, a beautiful island in the Mediterranean Sea, is one of the best places to go canyoning! In northern Mallorca, in particular, the Tramuntana Mountains offer some of the most stunning scenery on the island, and several tour companies offer canyoning tours in this area. For example, Viator offers a Small-Group Serra de Tramuntana Canyoning Experience in Mallorca.
Explore the Many Charming Towns of Norther Mallorca
As you travel across northern Mallorca, you will encounter several fascinating towns and villages. Each one has its own unique offerings for families, from history and culture to pristine beaches. You could even plan a road trip to explore each one. Keep reading to discover our top picks for families!
If you’re looking for the perfect place to take your family on vacation, look no further than the charming town of Alcúdia in northern Mallorca. This idyllic Mediterranean resort town is situated within a large bay, which makes it perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and windsurfing. It’s also known for its abundance of all-inclusive resorts. Plus, there are also many restaurants and cafes lining the streets, as well as several shops selling souvenirs and local products.
Fun Things to Do in Alcúdia with Kids:
- Splash at one of the two water parks, Hidropark and Aqualandia. Both are great for a hot day.
- Get a thrill at the go-karting track, horse riding center, or one of the many mini-golf courses.
- Visit the Roman ruins of Pollentia or take a stroll around the medieval walls of the Old Town, for a bit of history and culture.
- See the famous neo-Gothic Iglesia de San Jaime de Alcudia, home to several important artifacts.
- Finally, many beaches in Alcúdia are perfect for families with young children.
More About Splahing + Playing at Hidropark Port d’Alcúdia
Hidropark Port d’Alcúdia is an excellent option for a fun day out, so much so that it deserves its own separate shout-out! The whole family will be entertained for hours with over 30 different slides and pools, plus a host of other activities. If you’re looking for thrills, there are plenty of high-speed slides to choose from. The Kamikaze and the Black Hole will get your heart pumping. For a more relaxed experience, float down the lazy river or lounge by the pool.
There are also several children’s areas with age-appropriate slides and play structures. When you need a break from all the fun, grab a bite to eat at one of the park’s restaurants or cafes. You can also shop for souvenirs at the on-site stores.
Sóller is one of the most beautiful towns in Mallorca! Located on the northwest part of the island, families come here to enjoy the sunny weather, sandy beaches, and stunning mountain scenery. In fact, its unique location in a valley with the Tramuntana Mountains on one side and the Mediterranean Sea on the other gives it a mild climate all year round.
Fun Things to Do in Sóller with Kids:
- Play at one of the many parks and playgrounds in town.
- Stroll along the lovely promenade.
- Splash and play at the fantastic, family-friendly beach in town.
- See the nearby mountains, which also offer great opportunities for hiking and biking.
- Embark on one of the several boat tours that depart from the harbor, the Port de Sóller.
- Meander Port de Sóller with kids, where you can visit the many cafes and shops along the harbor.
- Ride the Tren Sóller, a historic wooden train that travels between Sóller and Palma, for a chance to see the sights of Mallorca from a new perspective.
Other Fantastic Towns to Visit in Northern Mallorca with Kids
Mallorca is home to some scenic towns that dot its coastline, as well as some more inland gems. In addition to Alcúdia and Sóller, here are a few more cute towns to add to your itinerary with kids!
Deià is a small coastal town located in the northwest of Mallorca, popular thanks to its stunning scenery and Mediterranean atmosphere. With its narrow streets and quaint shops, your kids will be in awe of this beautiful village. And, with plenty of activities to keep them busy, they’ll never want to leave! Good thing there is an excellent hotel in town! Stay at La Residencia, A Belmond Hotel in Deià, for an exquisite hilltop hotel. This property also offers a kids’ club and pool!
Fun Things to Do in Deià with Kids:
- Explore the cobblestone roads and winding alleyways to discover centuries-old landmarks.
- Check out La Casa de Robert Graves, the home and museum exploring the life of the famous poet, for an interesting historical experience.
- Trek up to the main lookout point for breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside.
- Hike through the stunning scenery of the Serra de Tramuntana Mountains.
- Enjoy a lovely picnic lunch by the sea.
Families looking for some peace and quiet will love the charming town of Pollença. Located in the north of Mallorca, it’s known for its natural beauty, tranquility, and lots of kid-friendly activities! Pollença’s old town is full of narrow streets and historic buildings to explore with kids, as there are plenty of little alleyways to discover and hidden courtyards to find.
Fun Things to Do in Pollença with Kids:
- Visit the famous Calvary Chapel steps.
- Meander one of the town’s two weekly markets in the main square to pick up gifts for back home.
- Explore Museum Pollença, which offers interactive displays and exhibits on the history and culture of Mallorca.
- Enjoy the forests and mountains surrounding Pollença. There are plenty of hiking and biking trails to explore, as well as some great places for picnicking.
- Drive a few miles to the coast to Port de Pollença, a popular resort area among British tourists.
If you’re visiting Mallorca with kids, then a trip to Valldemossa is a must! This small town in the northwest of Mallorca is best known for its natural beauty and its historical significance. It’s also famous for being the home of the composer Frederic Chopin and writer George Sand. They lived in Valldemossa during the winter of 1838-1839, and their time here was immortalized in Sand’s book, A Winter in Mallorca.
Fun Things to Do in Valldemossa with Kids:
- The Royal Palace, aka the Carthusian Monastery, is a must-see for any visitor to Valldemossa. The palace was built in the 13th century by King James I of Aragon and is now a museum. It houses an impressive collection of art and furniture, a garden, and Chopin’s piano.
- Learn more about Chopin and his life in Valldemoss at the Frédéric Chopin and George Sand Museum, housed in the same rooms the composer stayed in during his trip.
- Stroll the narrow streets of the historic town center and stop at a restaurant.
- For adventure, hike up to Mount Teix for incredible views of the entire island.
There is plenty of fun things to do in Mallorca with kids, and the town of Fornalutx is no exception. This picturesque mountain village in the Serra de Tramuntana is frequently mentioned as being one of Spain’s most beautiful destinations. Its winding streets, charming stone houses, and friendly locals also make it a great place to explore with kids!
Fun Things to Do in Fornalutx with Kids:
- Explore the Old Town. Fornalutx is full of narrow streets and stone houses that date back hundreds of years, and it’s fun to explore with kids and see all the different architecture.
- Learn something new at Ca’n Xoroi, an ethnographic museum where families can see old artifacts.
- Check out a local swimming spot near Fornalutx, including Playa d’en Repic, where you can relax on the sand or dip in the clear water.
- Take a hike through the nearby mountains!
- Finally, kids will also enjoy a lazy afternoon splashing around at the hotel pool.
Where to Stay in Northern Mallorca with Kids
If you’re looking for somewhere to stay in northern Mallorca with kids, we have some suggestions. The Club Mac Alcudia Resort is an excellent choice for families with young children. The resort offers an on-site water park, kids’ club, and babysitting services. There are also plenty of activities for parents, including tennis and spa treatments.
Best Things to Do on the Southeast Coast of Mallorca with Kids
Mallorca’s Southeast Coast is the perfect place for a family vacation! With its beautiful beaches, stunning scenery, and an array of activities, there is something for everyone in the family to enjoy. Keep reading to learn more!
Best Beaches in Southeast Mallorca for Families
Southeast Mallorca is home to some of the best beaches for kids in Mallorca! The water is crystal clear, the sand is white and fine, and plenty of activities keep everyone entertained. Here are some fantastic options!
Cala Mondrago is a beautiful beach in southeast Mallorca, just south of Cala d’Or. It’s known for its clear turquoise waters and lovely white sand, making it popular among locals and tourists. Plus, it’s perfect for families since there are plenty of shady areas to take a break from the sun, as well as two nearby restaurants and two beach bars. The larger beach area it’s located within usually gets busy during the summer, so spots fill up quickly. Be sure to arrive early to grab a chair!
Situated on the southeast coast of Mallorca, Es Trenc is one of the island’s most popular beaches. Es Trenc is especially popular with families, as it offers a huge expanse of white sand and crystal-clear water perfect for swimming and paddling. Plenty of facilities, including sun loungers, parasols, and showers, are available to maximize your time on the beach. Plus, there are plenty of restaurants and bars in the vicinity if you need to take a break from all the fun in the sun.
Are you looking for the best beaches in Southeast Mallorca for families? Look no further than Cala Santanyi! This beautiful spot in Santanyi is perfect for a day of sun, sand, and surfing with the kids. The calm waters make it ideal for swimming, and there are plenty of beach umbrellas and sun loungers for relaxing in the shade. Since it’s located close to town and has a hotel, it’s often bustling during the summer.
Enjoy a Day in the Water at Aqualand Waterpark S’Arenal
Aqualand Waterpark S’Arenal is one of the popular attractions in Mallorca, and for a good reason! This waterpark near El Arenal has something for everyone in the family, from thrilling slides to lazy rivers. Little ones will love splashing around in the kiddie pool, while the older kids (and adults!) can enjoy hurtling down one of the many thrilling slides. There’s also a lazy river where you can float around and relax and a wave pool where you splash and play together. There are also plenty of places to relax and enjoy the views, with a restaurant, bar, and sun loungers overlooking the park.
Check Out One of the Area’s Many Caves
Mallorca is well known for its many caves. And what better way to spend a day exploring one of these amazing underground worlds? There are several caves to choose from in southeastern Mallorca, each with its own unique features. Keep reading to learn more!
Cuevas del Drach
Cuevas del Drach is a must-see for any family looking for an unforgettable summer vacation. Home to stunning stalactites and stalagmites, as well as an underground lake, this natural attraction is made up of four caves, each with its unique features. The caves are located in the Porto Cristo area of Mallorca and can be reached by boat or foot. Families can take a boat ride on Lake Martel, illuminated by colorful lights. Thanks to the fantastic acoustics, you’ll even enjoy a short, 10-minute concert. Keep your eyes peeled for the colony of bats!
Cuevas del Hams
Cuevas del Hams are a series of caves located in the southwest of Mallorca, near Porto Cristo. Named after their unique fish hook shape, they are one of the most popular tourist attractions on the island and are well worth a visit with your kids!
The cave has multiple sections, including La Cueva Azul (The Blue Cave), which boasts unique rock formations. You can take a tour to see the caves and explore the stalactites and stalagmites up close – they usually last around an hour. One attraction kids will love is the special light show with famous scientific figures worldwide. If you want to, you can combine a ticket to the caves with a visit to nearby Dinosaurland, a Dinosaur-themed park!
Where to Stay in Southern Mallorca with Kids
For somewhere to stay in southern Mallorca with kids, we suggest the Protur Palmeras Playa Hotel. Located in Cala Millor on Mallorca’s east coast, it offers all-inclusive packages and magnificent Mediterranean sea views. It also features two outdoor pools, a kids’ play area, and on-site restaurants.
Planning an all-inclusive family vacation? Read this Guide To The Best All-Inclusive Family Resorts In Europe For An Unforgettable Vacation!
Final Tips for Traveling to Mallorca with Kids
Now that you’ve figured out the best things to do in Mallorca with kids, we’ve also put together some advice for visiting the island. If you are planning a trip to Mallorca with kids, here are some tips to make the most of your vacation!
- Mallorca can be reached by plane and ferry. Which one you choose depends on cost, the number of travel days, and other personal factors.
- Rent a car for your family vacation. Mallorca is a large island, and renting a car is the best way to get around. This will allow you to explore all the island offers at your own pace.
- Stay at a resort to enjoy the various amenities and nearby attractions. There are many family-friendly resorts on the island that offer great amenities for kids. Staying in a spa will make finding activities and entertainment for your kids easy.
- Pack light. Mallorca is very hot during the summer months, so pack light, comfortable clothing. Be sure to pack plenty of sunscreen and hats for everyone in the family.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen! Pack light, but make sure you have all the sun protection you can, especially for long days at the beach.
- Don’t leave without seeing the beaches! It may seem like a given that Mallorca has some of the best beaches in Europe, but it’s worth reminding you not to miss them. We highly recommend spending a day (or two!) relaxing on the beach or trying one of the many water sports available.
- Keep an eye out for pickpocketers, and keep an eye on your luggage (maybe a bit more than you usually do).
We hope you liked this article on Uncovering Mallorca: Top 20+ Things to Do in the Island’s North, South, and Palma Areas for Family Fun and Adventure! From the stunning beaches to the incredible food, Mallorca is a beautiful island with much to offer families. Have a great time exploring everything Mallorca has to offer with your kids!
Popular Tours and Activities in Mallorca on GetYourGuide
*This post may contain affiliate links that may earn us a small commission at no additional cost to you. Affiliate links in no way inform the hotels, sights, products, or other recommendations included in our articles. All opinions and recommendations expressed here are compiled from submissions submitted by the generous members of our Families Who Love To Travel community.
- Best Hotels In Mexico With Large Rooms For Families
- Choosing The Perfect Hawaiian Island For Your Family Vacation With Kids
- Best All-Inclusive Hotels In Greece For Families (Divided By Region)
- A Travel Mom’s Review of Why Your Family Will Love Beaches Negril
- Escape to the Shore: 19+ Best East Coast Beach Towns To Visit With Kids This Summer
Thanks for reading!
Love our content?
Stay in the know by subscribing to our weekly newsletter.
Immerse yourself in a world of limitless exploration by joining us on Instagram at families.love.travel.
Join our vibrant Facebook community, "Families Who Love to Travel," (where family travelers like you can ask for advice and share tips with other families!).
Plus, you can read our latest articles by following our Facebook page.
Shop for Family Travel Memorabilia on Shop Families Love Travel.
Everyone knows that Yellowstone National Park makes for a classic family vacation. Strolling the boardwalks...
Beaches Turks and Caicos may not seem like a typical vacation destination for a UK...
If you’re traveling to the Cayman Islands with kids, there’s some important information you need...
Travel Gift Ideas
National Park With Kids
Family Travel Tips
Families Who Love To Travel contributor Meghan Oaks provides her 10 best tips for your...
When you're planning a family vacation, it's important to pack travel toys that will keep...
Cruising is a great option for families with babies who want to relax and not...