As the popularity of all-inclusive resorts continues to rise, more and more families are looking for the best countries in Europe for an all-inclusive family vacation. From the beaches of the Mediterranean to the castles of Austria, the continent boasts breathtaking scenery, historic landmarks, and delicious cuisine. And, of course, one of the best ways to enjoy everything a family vacation in Europe offers is by staying at a wonderful resort. When researching, choose all-inclusive, where everything from meals and activities to lodging and transportation has one upfront price. That way, you can relax and enjoy your time together without worrying about additional costs. So, if you’re looking for the best countries for an all-inclusive family vacation in Europe, we’ve compiled a list of the Best Countries For An All-Inclusive Family Vacation In Europe. Here are some great options to consider!
Why Book an All-Inclusive Family Vacation in Europe?
There are many reasons to book a family vacation at an all-inclusive resort in Europe. First and foremost, all-inclusive European resorts are typically much cheaper than their counterparts in the United States or the Caribbean. This is especially true when considering the current exchange rate between the US dollar and the Euro.
In addition, all-inclusive resorts in Europe offer a wide variety of activities and amenities to please every family member. Go swimming and sunbathing on some of the world’s best beaches or explore ancient ruins and castles. European all-inclusive resorts also tend to be located in picturesque settings, such as the Alps or the Mediterranean Coast. And with food and drink included in the price of your stay, you can be sure that your family will be well-fed and hydrated throughout your vacation!
Click here to find out Where To Ski In Europe With Kids: The Best Countries And Why!
Best Countries for an All-Inclusive Family Vacation in Europe
Often, when people think of an all-inclusive vacation, they envision a tropical beach resort where everything is cared for. But there are all-inclusive resorts worldwide, including in some of the most beautiful and historical countries in Europe. Stay tuned for our picks of the best countries for an all-inclusive family vacation in Europe. We’ve also highlighted some of the best all-inclusive family resorts in Europe with a water slide!
Spain is a great country for an all-inclusive family vacation in Europe because it offers a wide range of activities and attractions for kids of all ages. Here, you’ll find some of the best beaches in Europe spread throughout places like Mallorca, Ibiza, The Canary Islands, Costa Brava, and Costa del Sol. Each one is perfect in its own unique way for families who crave lazy days spent lounging, swimming, and sunbathing!
Of course, the food is exceptional, with a wide variety of tapas and paella dishes to indulge in while visiting Cadiz and beyond. The culture is rich, and there’s plenty to see and do, from exploring ancient castles to participating in traditional festivals. Best of all, Spain is very welcoming to families and has plenty of all-inclusive resorts that cater to your every need!
A Few Things to Know About All-Inclusive Resorts in Spain
In Spain, Iberostar and Melia are popular chain options that offer budget-friendly all-inclusive options in Spain. If you’re open to location, Mallorca has many all-inclusive beachfront hotels and direct flights from the United States and other international destinations. It is the most popular destination for families seeking an all-inclusive experience in Spain. Then, Cadiz, Menorca, and Malaga also have many all-inclusive resorts for families. Remember that many staff members across resorts will generally speak more Spanish than English, especially if you choose to go to less popular tourist destinations.
Spain is also among the 17 Best Mild Weather European Destinations For A Family Summer Vacation!
Best All-Inclusive Resorts in Spain for a Family Vacation
Many excellent all-inclusive resorts in Spain offer families luxury amenities and fantastic views without breaking the bank. Here are some specific suggestions for all-inclusive resorts in Spain for families!
All-Inclusive Resorts in Mallorca and Menorca for Families
- Protur Palmeras Playa Hotel is another great option for families seeking an all-inclusive vacation in Spain. Located in Cala Millor on Mallorca’s east coast, it offers magnificent views of the Mediterranean Sea. It also features two outdoor pools, a kids’ play area, and on-site restaurants.
- Zafiro Mallorca is another excellent all-inclusive resort in Spain for families who want studio or apartment-style accommodations. Located in the town of Alcudia, it showcases multiple outdoor pools (including a children’s pool with a pirate ship!), restaurants, and a wide variety of activities, including the Zafiro Kids Club.
- Valentin Son Bou is one of Menorca’s most popular family resorts. Located just a short walk from the beach, this all-inclusive resort boasts two outdoor pools, a kids’ club, and a wide range of sports and leisure facilities. All-inclusive room rates at Valentin Son Bou are available (some restrictions may apply). You can tailor your vacation to suit your budget with half-board and all-inclusive options at check out.
Additional All-Inclusive Resorts in Spain for Families to Consider
- Hotel Riu Chiclana is located right on the beach, near the charming resort town of Novo Santi Petri. It features multiple outdoor pools plus a spa. There are also plenty of activities for kids of all ages, including a kids’ club.
- Iberostar Selection Anthelia offers the ultimate luxury and relaxation on the island of Tenerife. This stunning hotel in Costa Adeje has plenty of activities and amenities for families. This includes a kids’ club, a playground, and an outdoor pool with a water slide.
Still looking for more all-inclusive hotel options in Spain? In Gran Canaria, we recommend H10 Playa Meloneras Palace or Hotel Riu Gran Canaria. Families also love Benalma Hotel Costa Del Sol (options for half-board or all-inclusive can be made upon check out).
When planning the perfect all-inclusive family vacation in Europe, Greece should be at the top of your list! This country will take your breath away from its rolling hills and pristine beaches to its ancient ruins and charming villages. Plus, the Greeks are renowned for their hospitality so that families will be greeted with warm smiles. Whether you want to take in the history and culture of Athens, visit the beaches of Paralia, or head to an island like Crete, each laidback place boasts its charm.
Greece is also home to some of the best seafood in the world. You’ll be able to enjoy it to your heart’s content on an all-inclusive vacation! And, with an all-inclusive vacation package, you can rest assured that all your activities and excursions are taken care of before you even step foot on Greek soil!
A Few Things to Know About All-Inclusive Resorts in Greece
Greece is a popular destination for families, especially in the summer months. Keep in mind that all-inclusive resorts can be quite crowded during peak season. So if you’re looking for a more relaxed vacation, consider traveling during the “shoulder” or off-peak season. Finally, the Greek island of Crete has many all-inclusive options for families, especially in Chania.
Best All-Inclusive Resorts in Greece for a Family Vacation
What better way to enjoy an all-inclusive family vacation in Europe than at one of Greece’s best all-inclusive resorts? Here are some options!
All-Inclusive Resorts on Kos for Families
- Ammos Resort is located on the island of Kos and offers gorgeous views of the Aegean Sea. The resort has a variety of accommodations, as well as a kids’ club, playground, and private beach area.
The island of Kos is reachable by ferry from Piraeus (the main port in Athens) or Rhodes. The journey from Athens takes about 11 hours by ferry. Alternatively, you can take a domestic flight from Athens or Rhodes to Kos International Airport “Hippocrates”.
All-Inclusive Resorts on Crete for Families
- Creta Maris Resort is another excellent option for families on the island of Crete. The resort boasts multiple swimming pools, a kids’ club, a water park, and plenty of activities to entertain the whole family.
- Ostria Resort and Spa provides a children’s pool and kids’ menus for our little travelers, just two of the many reasons it is one of the best all-inclusive resorts in Crete for families. They also have several family suite options.
- Kiani Beach Resort Family is yet another reason Greece ranks high on our list of the best countries for an all-inclusive family vacation in Europe! Here, you can select from multiple all-inclusive packages. This Crete resort offers a private beach, an outdoor pool, a kids’ club, and many other great amenities.
Families can reach Crete by plane or by ferry. There are 3 airports on Crete (in Heraklion, Chania, and Sitia), all of which receive flights from Athens. Flights from Athens take about 1 hour. Alternatively, you can take a ferry from Piraeus to Heraklion, Chania, or Sitia (ranging between 8 and 10 hours in length).
All-Inclusive Resorts on Rhodes for Families
- Princess Andriana Resort & Spa is situated on the sun-drenched island of Rhodes. It offers families luxurious accommodations, multiple swimming pools, and a kids’ club. For an even more exclusive experience, the resort also has a private beach area reserved for guests.
- Fodele Beach & Water Park Holiday Resort is ideal for a family vacation in Greece if your kids hope to spend lots of time at the pool or beach. The resort has its own water park with slides, a lazy river, a kids’ club, and a kids’ pool.
Rhodes is easily reached by plane or ferry. Families can take a direct flight from Athens or Thessaloniki. During the high season, other European destinations may also offer direct flights. Traveling by ferry is another option. Many islands, including Santorini and Crete, connect to Rhodes by ferry.
Additional All-Inclusive Resorts in Greece for Families to Consider
Families also love Ikos Dassia, Nana Golden Beach, Mitsis Laguna Resort and Spa, and Sani Resort (Children stay free, plus a half-board or full-board option is available upon booking.).
There’s a reason Cyprus is known as the “Island of Love” in Greek mythology. It’s one of the most beautiful places in the world, and it’s also an excellent destination for an all-inclusive family vacation in Europe! This beautiful Mediterranean island has something for every family member, from stunning beaches and historical sites to exciting activities and delicious food.
The ancient city of Paphos is a must-see. Or, maybe you’d rather have a beach vacation in Ayia Napa? Parents will appreciate the safe, family-friendly environment, while kids will love the non-stop activity. Plus, Cyprus is quite affordable and offers good value for your money. Many of the island’s resorts offer all-inclusive packages that make planning and budgeting for your trip a breeze!
A Few Things to Know About All-Inclusive Resorts in Cyprus
One important thing to note is that Cyprus is divided into two parts: the Turkish-occupied north and the Greek-controlled south. While you can travel freely between the two parts, they are very different. The north is much less developed and is the more “authentic” experience. However, the south has better infrastructure and more amenities.
If you’re planning a trip with young kids, here’s What To Pack For A European Vacation With Toddlers!
Best All-Inclusive Resorts in Cyprus for a Family Vacation
If you’re planning a family vacation to Europe and want to stay at an all-inclusive resort, Cyprus is a great option for relaxing and recharging. Here are some of the best all-inclusive resorts in Cyprus for families!
All-Inclusive Resorts in Paphos for Families
- Leonardo Cypria Bay Hotel offers families many amenities and stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea. Located in Paphos, the hotel has an outdoor pool, a kids’ club, and a variety of activities and entertainment options for all ages.
- Louis Phaethon Beach Resort is located in Paphos and features an on-site water park, lazy river, and kids’ club. The resort also has various dining options, tennis courts, and a sauna and spa.
- The Coral Beach Hotel & Resort is perfect for families who want to be close to the action but still have plenty of peace and quiet. With its central location in Paphos and private beach area, the hotel also has multiple pools, a spa, and a kids’ club. Families can also enjoy a variety of water sports. There are half-board and all-inclusive options upon booking.
- Louis Ledra Beach Resort is located in Paphos and offers a relaxing all-inclusive family vacation. With direct access to the beach, the hotel has multiple pools, a spa, and a kids’ club. Plus, there are a variety of water sports to make the most of the Mediterranean climate!
Additional All-Inclusive Resorts in Cyprus for Families to Consider
- Olympic Lagoon Resort Ayia Napa offers families direct beach access. Plus, a convenient home base to experience the beauty of Ayia Napa. There’s also an outdoor pool, a lazy river, and a kids’ club. And the resort also has a variety of dining options.
Still looking for another option? Families also love the Azia Resort & Spa, which offers both half-board and all-inclusive options for families!
Whether you’re looking to ski the slopes in Tyrol or explore the fairy-tale streets of Salzburg, Austria is the perfect destination for an all-inclusive family vacation. The Alps cover over 60% of this central European country, spanning pristine lakes, forests, and meadows.
And of course, let’s not forget about the food! Austrian cuisine like Wiener Schnitzel is hearty and delicious, sure to please even the pickiest eaters on your all-inclusive family vacation in Europe.
Austria is home to some of the most beautiful scenery in the world and boasts a wide variety of reliable hotel chains that cater to families, like Kinderhotels. Kinderhotels are specially designed for families with young children and offer amenities like kids’ clubs, babysitting services, and child-friendly dining options. Many of them are located near Austria’s top attractions, so you can easily fit sightseeing into your itinerary. Even if you don’t stay at a Kinderhotel, plenty of accommodation options suit every family’s budget.
Best All-Inclusive Resorts in Austria for a Family Vacation
Austria is well known for its breathtaking mountain scenery, and what better way to enjoy it than from the comfort of a luxurious all-inclusive resort? Keep reading for some options!
All-Inclusive Resorts in the Tyrol Region for Families
- Kinderhotel Almholf is specifically designed for families with young children, offering a wide range of amenities and activities to keep everyone happy. There’s an indoor pool, a playground, a kids’ club, and even a babysitting service.
All-Inclusive Resorts in the Salzburg Region for Families
- Grand Hotel Zell Am See is a luxurious lakeside hotel overlooking Lake Zell in Zell am See. Here, the spacious rooms and suites have views of either the lake or the mountains. Several restaurants, a spa with a heated indoor pool, and childcare services, including a kids’ club and babysitting. While there are no true all-inclusive options, half-board and breakfast-only options are available upon booking (seasonal packages may also include all-inclusive options).
- Familien Natur Resort Moar Gut is a family-friendly resort located in the Grossarl Valley in the Austrian Alps. It offers various family activities to enjoy together, such as hiking, biking, horseback riding, and skiing. There are also several swimming pools on-site, a playground, a petting zoo, and so much more. Full-board options are detailed at checkout.
- Das Edelweiss Salzburg Mountain Resort in Grossarl is one of Austria’s top all-inclusive resorts, offering families everything they need for a relaxing and fun-filled vacation. There are spacious and well-appointed rooms and suites, plenty of activities for kids and adults, and seven delicious restaurants to choose from. The resort is divided into an adults-only area and a family area. Includes breakfast and 4-course dinner; spa packages are also available. Bookings with all EDELWEISS inclusive services can be secured during check out.
Additional All-Inclusive Resorts in Austria for Families to Consider
- Falkensteiner Hotels & Residences offer upscale accommodations and amenities for families looking for a luxury getaway. The hotels are located in some of Austria’s most scenic destinations, such as Vienna, Salzburg, and Klagenfurt. Full-board options are disclosed at booking.
Looking for more hotel options in Austria? Families also recommend Hotel Löwe & Bär (all-inclusive board option), Familotel Landgut Furtherwirt, Kinderhotel Kroller, Gut Wenghof – Family Resort Werfenweng, and Sporthotel Achensee (option for all-inclusive services).
A renowned family-friendly destination, Italy has an abundance of all-inclusive resorts. From the rolling hills of Tuscany to the Amalfi Coast’s dramatic cliffside setting, there’s something for everyone in this storied country. And when it’s time to relax, there’s nothing better than soaking up the sun on one of Sicily’s beautiful beaches.
Of course, the food is amazingly kid-friendly, between pizza, pasta, and gelato. Even if your kids are well-traveled, an all-inclusive resort in Italy will make them feel like they’re in another world! Most of all, all-inclusive resorts in Italy come with top-notch amenities like kid’s clubs, babysitting services, and sprawling pools. This guarantees everyone will be happy while you’re on an all-inclusive family vacation in Europe!
Best All-Inclusive Resorts in Italy for a Family Vacation
If you’re looking for a hassle-free vacation, then an all-inclusive resort in Italy is the way to go. From beautiful beaches to historical towns, keep reading for the best all-inclusive resorts in Italy for a family vacation!
Ski All-Inclusive Resorts in Italy for Families
- Familyhotel Sonnwies Dolomites offers a lovely ski getaway for families in Italy. In addition to being one of the best all-inclusive resorts in Italy, this resort offers complimentary ski passes for the whole family. They also have a baby club, an adventurous children’s program, and childcare options.
Countryside All-Inclusive Resorts in Italy for Families
- Villa Pia is located in the beautiful Tuscany region of Italy. With its own children’s swimming pool, tennis court, and horseback riding stables, it’s perfect for families who want to enjoy the great outdoors.
Beach + Island All-Inclusive Resorts in Italy for Families
- Falkensteiner Club Funimation Garden Calabria is a top-notch all-inclusive hotel on the beach in the region of Calabria. It features an impressive water park, a kids’ club, and sports and leisure facilities.
- Grand Palladium Sicilia Resort & Spa is an all-inclusive luxury resort in secluded Sicily, away from the hustle and bustle. There are plenty of activities for kids and adults, including a kid’s club, water sports, tennis, and more. Plus, there’s a complimentary shuttle to Palermo.
- TH Marina Di Pisticci – Ti Blu Village, located in Basilicata in Southern Italy, offers crystal blue waters and wide beaches for families seeking a beach vacation in Italy. Plus, they also offer kids’ club options for kids aged 3 to 18.
Other Countries for an All-Inclusive Family Vacation in Europe
When it comes to the best countries for an all-inclusive family vacation in Europe, there are plenty of great destinations to choose from. Take a look at these additional all-inclusive family resorts in Europe if you need more vacation inspiration!
Known for its world-class cuisine, picturesque countryside villages, and culture-packed cities, France is a great option for families seeking an all-inclusive resort experience. There are plenty of activities for all ages, from exploring the French countryside to a day at one of the many beautiful beaches in Europe. For all-inclusive hotel suggestions in France, we recommend:
- Club Med Opio in Provence welcomes all ages to the region of Provence. There are plenty of activities here, including a baby club and several kids’ club options for varying ages.
- Club Med Palmyre Atlantique, where you can soak in the beauty of the Atlantic Coast in Les Mathes. A plethora of fun awaits your family, including a baby club and multiple kids’ club options by age.
- Club Med Arcs Panorama – French Alps, is ideal for ski families seeking fun on the slopes. In addition to a baby club and kids’ club services, babysitting is available for kids older than 4 months. Find additional all-inclusive resorts for a family ski vacation in France here.
One of the most beautiful European countries, Switzerland is perfect for an all-inclusive family vacation. This picturesque nation offers something for everyone, from the snow-capped Alps to the shores of Lake Geneva. And with so many excellent hotels and resorts, you can find the perfect place to stay, no matter your budget. We recommend:
- Lenkerhof Gourmet Spa Resort, where parents can indulge in an upscale stay while kids delight in the water slide “Wet’n Wild” and the “Alpine Playstation“! While not fully all-inclusive, it is still worth mentioning due to its available breakfast-only and half-board options.
- Club Med Saint-Moritz Roi Soleil is ideal for families seeking an all-inclusive ski vacation in Switzerland. Cross-country skiing, hiking, and a pool are also available to keep families having fun!
Renowned for its beautiful beaches, stunning landscapes, and food and wine, Portugal is a lovely place for a family vacation with kids. Plus, since it provides good value for your money, it’s also one of the best countries for an all-inclusive European vacation! From exploring the historic cities of Lisbon and Porto to spending lazy days on the beach, many great value all-inclusive resorts are dotted along the coastline to suit your budget. Here are some great options:
- Martinhal Sagres Family Resort provides a great half-board option for families exploring Portugal together. Catering to families, this resort includes a Kids Club, Baby Concierge, game rooms, and more! While technically not an all-inclusive resort, it is still a great option for families seeking a resort with tons of family-friendly amenities and some meals included.
- Club Med Da Balaia provides full all-inclusive packages for families. They offer a baby club, kids’ club options, a playground, and many family-friendly activities. Babysitting services are also available for kids older than 4 months.
Families love Malta! This Mediterranean island nation has a wide range of activities and attractions to keep everyone in the family happy, from sandy beaches and crystal-clear waters to historic cities and traditional villages. Not to mention traditional Maltese dishes and Italian fare! If you’re seeking an all-inclusive stay in Malta with kids, we recommend the following:
- db San Antonio Hotel + Spa has plenty to keep the family making memories and having fun, including a pirate-themed kids’ pool, kids’ programs, a Teen Club, and more.
We hope you liked this list of the Best Countries For An All-Inclusive Family Vacation In Europe! All-inclusive resorts offer families everything they need for an epic getaway, plus the chance to focus on spending more time together. Whether you want to relax on the beach or enjoy a ski adventure, enjoy your European escape with kids!
*Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some of this list’s attractions, accommodations, or things to do may be closed. Please ensure availability before making your decision.
*This post may contain affiliate links that may earn us a small commission at no additional cost to you. Affiliate links in no way inform the hotels, sights, products, or other recommendations included in our articles. All opinions and recommendations expressed here are compiled from submissions submitted by the generous members of our Families Who Love To Travel community.
- 13 Best Hotels In Tampa Bay For Families In Search Of An Exciting Warm-Weather Vacation
- Review: The Howard Johnson Anaheim Might Be The Happiest Hotel On Earth For Families
- 15 Amazing All-Inclusive Resorts In Cyprus That Are Perfect For Families
- 12 Hotels In Naples For Families That Are Sure To Make Everyone Happy
- 14 All-Inclusive Resorts In Italy For Fun and Easy Family Vacations
How to Plan a Yellowstone National Park Family Vacation
Everyone knows that Yellowstone National Park makes for a classic family vacation. Strolling the boardwalks...
Best Beaches® Turks and Caicos Review By A UK Family
Beaches Turks and Caicos may not seem like a typical vacation destination for a UK...
All About the Cayman Islands With Kids: Important Information You Need to Know
If you’re traveling to the Cayman Islands with kids, there’s some important information you need...
Travel Gift Ideas
National Park With Kids
Family Travel Tips
Use These 10 Tips For Your Baby’s First Flight
Families Who Love To Travel contributor Meghan Oaks provides her 10 best tips for your...
18 Exciting Travel Toys For Young Kids That Will Keep Them Entertained The Whole Trip
When you're planning a family vacation, it's important to pack travel toys that will keep...
Tips for Cruising with a Baby
Cruising is a great option for families with babies who want to relax and not...